Your first visit to River View Dental Specialists involves a few special steps so that we can get to know you. To understand what to expect, please read through this page. You'll find all the practical information you need, such as a map and directions to our office, practice hours, payment policies and more. There is also background information about our committed staff and our first visit procedures.
Our practice is working together to realize a shared vision of uncompromising excellence in pediatric dentistry.
To fulfill this mission, we are committed to:
- Listening to those we are privileged to serve.
- Earn the trust and respect of patients, dental professionals, and community.
- Exceed your expectations.
- Ensure a creative, challenging, compassionate and professional environment.
- Strive for continuous improvement at all levels.
Your first visit is all about you – your comfort, your happiness, and your dental health.
Your initial appointment will give you the opportunity to meet our team, learn more about pediatric dentistry, receive a complete exam, and find out which treatment options will best meet your needs. Your first visit with Dr. Chris or Dr. Matt Cannon also includes:
- A review of your complete dental and medical history.
- Complete x-rays of your teeth and mouth (based on age).
- An oral exam - Your hygienist will clean and polish your teeth depending on your age. Then Dr. Chris or Dr. Matt Cannon will make sure your teeth and gums are healthy, and check for any cavities or early signs of tooth decay.
Once Dr. Chris or Dr. Matt Cannon have reviewed your dental and medical health history and completed your dental exam, the doctor will provide you with a dental consultation, and information about any additional dental treatments, if needed. During this time Dr. Chris or Dr. Matt Cannon will also answer any questions that you may have. Dr. Chris, Dr. Matt and their staff welcome all questions and are always available to listen to your concerns.
Remember to bring your smile, and plan to arrive 10 minutes early to complete the new patient process. Also plan to bring the following items with you to your first dental appointment:
- Your medical/dental info to help you complete a digital health history in our office.
- Your insurance card
- Your referral slip and any x-rays from referring dentists (if applicable).
- Your completed Patient Fun Facts Form
Being well-prepared for your appointment will ensure that the doctor has all of the needed information to provide the best possible care for you. Feel free to take some time to familiarize yourself with Dr. Chris, Dr. Matt and the staff. Please call 563-355-1034 to schedule your appointment and we look forward to your first visit.